Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Hope
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:13 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
When the saints speak of detachment they're talking about the incessant seeking or clamoring for self will. They're not talking necessarily about detachment from those goods that lead to your well-being, it's about detachment from those things which already have an inordinate hold on your will. That can include an inordinate desire for detachment where we push things, and people, away and become isolated.

You have to be careful of extremes, including when it comes to those things considered to be virtuous.

"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:59 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
kpl2014 wrote:
theJack wrote:
"It is not good for man to be alone." God gave us a church for a reason. God Himself is in community, and we need that, too -- first and fundamentally with God, but also with other people. And the desire for a spouse is of course a natural one, and a strong one. So when we lack those things, it is normal to feel sadness and frustration and despair. That's just how God made our emotions to work.

So I'm not asking why you feel those things. I'm glad you can recognize and verbalize that. What I am asking you about is you saying, "this must be some kind of temporal punishment." How do you get from feeling sad and hurting over lacking something we normally need for happiness in this life, for not having things we desire by nature . . . what is causing you to jump from those feelings to God is punishing me?

i don't think it's definitely a punishment but i do think it can be a result of my sins because we reap what we sow and i have done terrible things most of my life

Our Lord Jesus Christ is merciful! When we repent he wipes away our sins.

Perhaps in due time you can find a dependable woman to babysit so you can attend some functions. Ask around. Perhaps even your parish can recommend some.

And, there is nothing wrong with praying to meet the husband the Lord desires for you.

The Mercy Chaplet and the picture of our Lord with the words "Jesus I trust in You" is a wonderful help. I use that devotion a lot as it helps me to focus rightly.

I will keep you in my prayers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:58 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

thank you

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2