Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: All Alone.....
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:21 pm 

Religion: Catholic
Hey everyone! I'm 13 years old, and fairly new to this site, but I have a problem. I currently am in 8th grade at a Catholic school. I am a practicing catholic and proud of it. However, at church I see very few of the other "Catholics" in my class, or in my entire school, at mass. My school has a church as well, and most of the kids at my school live in my neighborhood. I feel so alone in my faith. What can I do to motivate the other kids to attend mass?

Post subject: Re: All Alone.....
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:26 pm 

Revelationscholar wrote:
Hey everyone! I'm 13 years old, and fairly new to this site, but I have a problem. I currently am in 8th grade at a Catholic school. I am a practicing catholic and proud of it. However, at church I see very few of the other "Catholics" in my class, or in my entire school, at mass. My school has a church as well, and most of the kids at my school live in my neighborhood. I feel so alone in my faith. What can I do to motivate the other kids to attend mass?

Why not talk to a priest to set up some kind of youth activities that everyone considers fun to do. Ask the other catholics what they consider fun activities and then talk to the priest and others at your church to see what they can do to help out.

You should be proud of yourself to have such a strong faith for someone so young.
Im gonna pray for something to work out in this area soon :)
God bless you :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
You can work at being as holy as God created you to be. People are attracted to holiness.

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:20 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Also, please try the best you can to look at them the way God would look at them. Maybe their parents don't go to Mass. Just try to see them as someone whom God loves deeply, and pray for their hearts to be moved, and filled with God's love. One could easily start to feel "better" than other people, and miss an opportunity to love them as God would have us love them. Pray for them.

God bless you!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:22 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Roman Catholic
I suggest a cattle prod or a sharp stick...if they are small enough, a shepherd dog, like an Australian Shepherd, will yip at their hells and then you can drive them, like a flock, to Mass.

In seriousness, you sound like me at that age. Strive to be a good Catholic, but do not unnecessarily isolate yourself from others. That is, while you want to avoid temptations to immorality, you want to be friendly and social as much as you can without such immoral or risky behavior. I think many kids assume religious = uptight. You may find, as I did, people brought into the Church very gradually, and slowly, through your example.

Certainly youth groups have their place. Also bear in mind that they may attend another Mass, or even another parish. So beware of any rash assumptions

http://stomachosus-thomistarum.blogspot.com/