Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Quite proud of myself...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:30 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic
...I was out with a few friends tonight. They wanted to go to a bar...I have no problem with having a few drinks (I'm of age!) but I knew if I went out, I would be tempted.

I got a lot of good advice on here about being tempted, and putting myself in such situations. (Its not easy being a young woman in college, these days!) So I kindly declined and had them take me home. I still got to hang out with them for a little bit but now I'm quite happy to spend the rest of my evening with hot coffee, the internet, and some corny Saturday night TV!!

So just wanted to say thanks for all the help before. Now I feel like I can handle it, for sure! :wave

Post subject: Re: Quite proud of myself...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:52 pm 

Stars87 wrote:
...I was out with a few friends tonight. They wanted to go to a bar...I have no problem with having a few drinks (I'm of age!) but I knew if I went out, I would be tempted.

I got a lot of good advice on here about being tempted, and putting myself in such situations. (Its not easy being a young woman in college, these days!) So I kindly declined and had them take me home. I still got to hang out with them for a little bit but now I'm quite happy to spend the rest of my evening with hot coffee, the internet, and some corny Saturday night TV!!

So just wanted to say thanks for all the help before. Now I feel like I can handle it, for sure! :wave

Way to go! It sounds like you made a great step towards a happy (still social) and successful college career! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:36 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Thank you, Minty_Mindy :D I know it might sound kinda silly but yeah I got really inspired by what people on this board were saying.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:37 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
as long as you listen to those who know what they are talking about :D :wink:

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:40 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Haha! Quite true! I have seen some pretty off-the-wall posts here :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:39 am 

Stars87 wrote:
Thank you, Minty_Mindy :D I know it might sound kinda silly but yeah I got really inspired by what people on this board were saying.

You're welcome! It's not silly at all! :) Sometimes, the best fun is unwinding on your own.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:09 pm 

Religion: Roman Catholic
Stars87 wrote:

Are they aware of your feelings? My friends know that I do not drink socially, so if I ever go out, I stay a tea-totaler. If they are real, good friends, they will respect your wishes. Honesty is often a good policy. It is tough being a male in our society, because most male-bonding involves objectifying the female-sex.... something I refuse to do.

"[D]econstruction is a relentless, if sometimes indirect, discourse on democracy, on a democracy to come. Derrida’s democracy is a radically pluralistic polity that resists the terror of an organic, ethnic, spiritual unity, of the natural, native bonds of the nation (natus, natio), which grind to dust everything that is not a kin of the ruling kind and genus (Geschlecht)." John D. Caputo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:25 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
John Ryan wrote:
Are they aware of your feelings?

Beliefs friend, not 'feelings'.....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:42 pm 

Religion: Roman Catholic
Doom wrote:
John Ryan wrote:
Are they aware of your feelings?

Beliefs friend, not 'feelings'.....
I chose the word I wanted to use. Shrug. I have much affinity for the tradition of romanticism and theopoetics, so I do not de-value the importance of sentiment like many in the Western tradition do.

"[D]econstruction is a relentless, if sometimes indirect, discourse on democracy, on a democracy to come. Derrida’s democracy is a radically pluralistic polity that resists the terror of an organic, ethnic, spiritual unity, of the natural, native bonds of the nation (natus, natio), which grind to dust everything that is not a kin of the ruling kind and genus (Geschlecht)." John D. Caputo