Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 42 and always wanted a woman in my life. Never happened.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:17 pm 

Religion: Catholic
Is it possible that this loneliness is a cross to bear? My best years are gone, and I can tell find anyone my age ...it I still soul crushing.

Post subject: Re: 42 and always wanted a woman in my life. Never happened.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:39 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

First off, your best years are not gone.

Many people hit some of their strides in life late. I know a man who got a law degree in his 70's after doing something completely different in every decade between 40 and 70. Let God work that detail out. Where there is life there is hope. I heard a nun speak last weekend about her brother who was in an unfortunate accident in his late teens that has left him bedridden for the rest of his life. He is the best prayer warrior she knows. Prayer is about all he can do but God has seen fit to allow him to use such a heavy cross in amazing and glorifying ways for the benefit of others.

On the other issue, I'll offer you this. I believe one needs to become detached from the idea that they need anyone in their lives other than God even IF they are married. There comes great peace in life when you come to the realization that you ONLY need Him. Pour yourself into your faith and cultivate that relationship with fervor and zeal. It will not leave you empty.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:31 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: The carrefour of ignorance is bliss & knowledge is power.
Religion: The One with All the Marks.
+1

- I try to have a little something for everybody in my posts. If you notice a spelling, grammar, or punctuation error... well... I put that in for you.

- I remember a lot of things. (Some of which actually happened.)

- Even the best of men may be born in times unsuited to their virtues.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:21 am 

Religion: The True One
Church Affiliations: OblSB
:pray:

Suscipe me secundum eloquium tuum, et vivam: et non confundas me ab exspectatione mea.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:27 pm 

I struggled with not having a spouse in my life for decades. While I would still welcome the vocation of marriage, I am content with being single...not happy....but content. It was a miraculous grace when I turned 50.

God has a unique plan for each of us. A plan that is best for our salvation.

A modern day Shunamite woman. (2 Kgs. 4:26)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:12 pm 
Corporate Minion Moderator
Corporate Minion Moderator

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
My friend, take heed to the advice given you. Better to be single and longing for the right person than married to the wrong person. I finally married the "right person" two weeks before my 50th birthday, but endured 24 years of intimidation and fear because I was settled for whoever was willing when I "heard my biological clock ticking." While I cannot allow myself regret because that would mean regretting my three wonderful children and three adorable grandchildren that resulted from that abysmal marriage, I still castigate myself from time to time for my impatience and wish I had chosen better for the sake of my children (who would have been different, I know, but they didn't ask to be born into the situation into which I put them - and for that, I feel solely responsible).

I wish to Heaven someone had taken me aside when I was impetuous and impatient and told me this: "Don't marry someone you can live with; marry the one you can't live without."

I know you've heard it (and perhaps even said it to yourself ad nauseum), but please be patient, my friend, and don't try to do God's work for Him. Meanwhile, I shall :pray:

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap: