Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Does anyone know about this?
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:20 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Hello everyboby,
I have a question for my fellow Catholics here. During the recent Papal conclave I was watching some show about the Vatican and Card. Ratzinger. It mentioned a "recent statement" by the Church that said that the Jewish views of the messianic prophecies in the OT are valid from a certain point of view. Essentially saying that the Jewish conception of the Messiah is correct "from their point of view".

Does anyone here know what this could have been refering to?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:53 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: KoC
I haven't heard/read this statement or comment that you've heard, so I don't know what they (whoever 'they' are) might have been talking about.

My guess is that when Jesus comes again, there will be Jews who believe it His first coming, not realizing He came to earth 2000 years ago.

I can only imagine they'll be ashamed very shortly thereafter; for if Christ doesn't make it known immediately that it is His return, there will be a bunch of Catholics elbowing these Jews and whispering, "Pssst! Hey! He was here before, y'know..."

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:53 pm 
Highness
Highness

Perhaps they are referring to the Messiah's kingship over Israel. Remember the Apostles asked Jesus after the Resurrection if he was going to set up his kingdom (on earth) then. For some Jewish people the fact that Jesus didn't reveal himself as the king they long expected proves that he isn't their Messiah. Of course, Jesus did set up his kingdom, and it is an earthly one, but it is not one in which men rule men but one in which men serve men in the love of God. It's called the Catholic Church.

Della--with many stars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:03 pm 
Majesty
Majesty

ScottS!

How in the heaven are ya?!?!?

Ya wanna start a thread for the two of us again? :)

Anyway, somewhere, I've seen bits and pieces sputtering that Jews and Muslims have a good nonJesus shot into heaven under certain conditions.

Maybe you also heard a little of that?

From what I understand about Pope Benedict XVI, he is going to ACTUNG their heads and give them the Gospel of Jesus, he's not going to found offering any backdoors.

Roland
ps: ScottS, Della's being interviewed in Lewis Library!