Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Research Question on Contraceptives in High Schools
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:00 pm 

Hi,
I'm doing a persuasve paper against contraceptives in school, but I'm having some trouble finding valid sources based on governmental laws and church teachings as well. Does anyone happen to have any good links? Thanks so much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:13 pm 
Middle Management
Middle Management

Religion: Catholic
Here is a paper by Moral Theologian William E May.

http://www.ewtn.com/library/MARRIAGE/SEXSAN.TXT

Germain Grisez has a whole book on the immorality of contraception, you may want to check there also.

As far as gov. statistics go you may want to check some online conservative mags like worldnetdaily or something like that.

Whence are we to find words enough fully to tell the happiness of that marriage which the Church cements, and the Eucharistic oblation confirms, and the benediction signs and seals; which angels carry back the news of to heaven, which the Father holds as ratified? -Tertullian

Uniformity with the Will of God by St. Alphonsus Liguori

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:00 am 

Thanks bonaventure!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:23 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Here is a link to Jason Evert's web page. He has alot of info here. Pure Love

Burn a fire in our hearts for the battle at hand. 4,400 babies die each day. Abortion must end!
Pray for life and the end of abortion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:55 pm 
Master
Master

Having had high school students when we lived in two different states, I am absolutely certain that contraceptives are never distributed in schools. Schools can't even administer aspirins and over-the-counter medications to students unless there is a doctor's prescription and the parent signs a permission slip so that the necessary prescription medication can be administered by the nurse at the appropriate time of day.

Are you then talking about including information on contraception in high school health classes? To my knowledge, parents can "opt their children out" of class units that discuss sex education, whether contraceptives are discussed or not.

Many schools teach abstinence education instead of contraceptive education.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Welfare/wm461.cfm

They even receive special government stipends if they choose to teach abstinence education instead of what this article calls "safe-sex" education. I believe that the federal government pays for the abstinence education teacher's salary for a certain amount of time until the program is well-established. (I knew someone who taught abstinence ed several years ago. She had to cover several school districts as an itinerant, and her salary was paid for by a federal government grant.)

I hope this is helpful.