Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 4   [ 67 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:27 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

The fact is why women can't be Priests is because the Priesthood is based upon standing in a place for Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was and is a man, not a woman. Nuns are women consecrated to God too, but they stand in place for Mary as faithful handmaids of the Lord. I don't know why any respectable Catholic woman wouldn't want to stand in place for the Queen of Heaven whether it be a nun representing the Virginity of our Mother or wife and mother representing the Maternity of our Mother. I as a man can't say even no matter how much I love my Queen Mother that I can be a nun. I'm becoming a Priest and I honestly do not think I'm superior to a Nun. My mission in order of holiness is technically more important since I have to forgive sins and consecrate the Eucharist, but the Pope is higher than me in rank of holiness too. Does that mean we should all complain to be all Popes too? I tell any woman to read the lives of Nuns who became Saints, like St. Catherine of Sienna, St. Rita of Cascia, St. Teresa of Avila, St. Therese, St. Clare of Assisi, St. Clare of Montefalco, St. Bernadette. These were all humble nuns who loved being nuns and stood in the place of Mary. They performed amazing things, even many Popes went to them for advice on the Church so I don't want to hear this crap about how women are not looked up to by men. In fact I who am becoming a Priest have a huge respect for women especially nuns and those Powerful Women Saints of the Church. Be humble and thank God for what you have rather than complaining about everything in existence. Think about this, a woman is the highest in Heaven above all Angels and Saints, a woman is the Queen of queens, a woman is the Immaculate Conception, a woman is the Mother of our Church, a woman was picked to be Mother of a Divine Being, a woman was choosen to be assumed and glorified body and soul into Heaven and Crowned by the Holy Trinity. There is absolutley no man in history and will never be man in existence who can beat the Holiest woman in existence, except Jesus, but He isn't just a man. Maybe a woman should think about how amazing it is to be a representitive for such an amazing woman who is the Mother of God. Popes who are Vicars of Christ and the head of the Church humble themselves before women.

Last edited by Saint Rob the Archangel on Wed May 04, 2005 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:35 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: disillusioned
St. Rob -

That is beautifully written.

Though I will say in response to this:

Quote:
I don't know why any respectable Catholic woman wouldn't want to stand in place for the Queen of Heaven.

I "wouldn't want" to be a nun only because I know that I was called by God to be a wife and a mother (yet another imitation of our Blessed Mother), rather than consecrated religious. Another beautiful vocation that is often overlooked by those seeking the ordination of women.

Edited to add this question:

I run a message board for Catholic women and I was wondering if I might cross post your comments on this issue? They are really beautiful and I think some of the women on my board who do not post here would very much like to read such a great response to the issue of "Women's Ordination".

Even though my life is falling apart at the seams ... I find comfort in the fact that I'm not a stripper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:38 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Annie Oakley wrote:
St. Rob -

Quote:
I don't know why any respectable Catholic woman wouldn't want to stand in place for the Queen of Heaven.

I "wouldn't want" to be a nun only because I know that I was called by God to be a wife and a mother (yet another imitation of our Blessed Mother), rather than consecrated religious. Another beautiful vocation that is often overlooked by those seeking the ordination of women.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for all women to be Nuns. I think that is absolutely a beautiful thing to be a wife and mother. That role is most definately a call from God and most definately loved by our Blessed Mother and definately an imitation of our Blessed Mother. Yes you can use my comment if you would like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:39 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Saint Rob the Archangel wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
St. Rob -

Quote:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for all women to be Nuns. I think that is absolutely a beautiful thing to be a wife and mother. That role is most definately a call from God and most definately loved by our Blessed Mother and definately an imitation of our Blessed Mother.

Please don't apologize. I didn't mean to sound as though I was offended by your comment ... That didn't come out right at all. Just adding, what I hope is a different dimension to your answer.

Thank you very much!

Even though my life is falling apart at the seams ... I find comfort in the fact that I'm not a stripper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:42 pm 
Resident Philosopher
Resident Philosopher

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 2nd Deg. KoC, SSFJDOG
The bottom line...

I have not read the rest of this thread, but I will add my 2 cents...

When God created humanity, he made a conscious effort to separate humanity into 2 complimentary parts... This was undoubtedly because he realized that original sin would occur, and he would see it as a way to reveal his love for us when we were otherwise blinded to Him...

Our God is best symbolized by what we understand to be musculine... He is trancendant, and a God that seeks us out...

Humanity is best symbolized by what we understand to be feminine... We are here on earth, lost, and waiting to receive what God has planned for us...

Therefore, God is the groom, and the Church is the bride....

This has even been symbolized throughout the Church's history as the Church has always referred to herself as a she...

In the Mass, where the priest is the in persona christi minister, a male is the only possible symbol... It does not mean that men are all masculine, or that any particular man is better than any particular female, but only that maleness symbolizes masculinity which is a sacramental symbol of a being that has something to offer to a creation that has a womb to receive it...

Thus, a male is the only proper symbol for the priesthood during the sacrifice of the Mass, and the female is the only proper symbol for humanity... To God, all humans have a feminie quality whereas we have an empty womb that requires his revelation... but, since we have sinned and blinded ourselves from him, we lift up particular males from within us to represent the masculine nature of a God who has a seed of salvation to offer us...

To mess with this symbolism would completely atler our relationship with God... It is not sexism... in fact, the unordained male has less of a role to play than the unordained female... In the roleplay of the Mass, the ordained Male is in persona Christi, and the female represents the Church... The unordained male is actually represented by the female presence...

FJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:05 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

St. Rob,

The women on my message board asked me to pass along to you their thanks! They really liked what you wrote on the subject.

Thank you again for letting me cross post!

God Bless,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:19 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
fj, that's one of the most interesting explanations i have seen on any topic

De Maria numquam satis

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 4   [ 67 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4