Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 28 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:06 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
hehe...indeed we will, indeed we will...anything that has only been around for 170 years, and is held by so few Christians has got to be a little far fetched, don't you think?

De Maria numquam satis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:15 am 
Apostle of Iraq
Apostle of Iraq

Church Affiliations: 4th degree Knight of Columbus
walking4faith wrote:
faithfulservant wrote:

sorry darlin...just like the rapture ... ain't gonna happen

Oh, we will see! We will see... :cloud9:

Then maybe you will return to your Catholic Faith! The rapture is a human teaching going back to the 1850's.

*NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL* http://www.youtube.com/defendercatholic *NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL*
http://catholicscomehome.org/epic/epic120.html
Ephesians 6:10-17
1 Timothy 3:15

Post subject: Re: Hell as eternal question
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:26 am 

HalJordan wrote:
As I'm new here, I apologize if this is rehashing old stuff.

Do you feel that hell is truly eternal or simply a punishment to the wicked who are then annihilated?

I know of no official doctrine on the matter. It just seems difficult that someone could do enough evil in 70 or so years of life that would merit never-ending punishment. This would cut against God as being perfectly just.

Any thoughts?
Hell is for those that reject Gods mercy.It is eternal. God will judge all and sentence each. I believe God in His mercy will also impose the degree of punishment due . I recommend a book called A Devine Revelation of Hell,by Mary K. Baxter. After reading this book you will want to share the Good News to the lost. God Bless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:41 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

walking4faith wrote:
faithfulservant wrote:

sorry darlin...just like the rapture ... ain't gonna happen

Oh, we will see! We will see... :cloud9:

w4f...if you are interested in what a methodist minister has to say, using a lutheran condemation of rapture theology...go here

http://www.stanwoodumc.org/Rapture2004Left_Behind.pdf

in truth, there are so few Christians that believe this will happen... makes me wonder why it is so widely espoused... guess it's because no one (believer) wishes to think God will allow His children to go through something as horrific as the tribulation ... sorry..but we are asked to take up our cross and follow Him... just as He went through His Passion to His Crucifixion,Death and Resurrection , so also will we be expected to go through the tribulation to arrive at the glorious return of our Lord... look at it as a wonderful opportunity to be a martyr for the faith :wink:

De Maria numquam satis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:24 pm 
Highness
Highness

I don't think anyone has addressed the eternal part of hell--which is what I think is puzzling our inquirer most.

Hell is eternal because it is set in the eternal now. There will be no more time so people won't be spending time in hell they will simply be there.

What ought to scare the hell out of us is the thought of living with ourselves as too many are now: imperfect in love, selfish, blinded by sin and our own desires, etc. If you can't stand being with yourself alone (no TV or radio or beautiful view or anything else to make you see outside yourself) you won't want to be all alone like that in the eternal now.

God lives in the eternal now in glory and joy and peace. That is what he invites us to share. I can't for the life of me understand why people don't want to accept.

Della--with many stars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:47 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

they can't accept what they choose not to believe...by not acknowledging the existence, it's a non-issue...how sad :nooo:

it's like this

:lalala :lalala :lalala

De Maria numquam satis

Post subject: Re: Hell as eternal question
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:14 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Church Affiliations: 1st Degree KofC
tAnGo wrote:
do enough evil in 70 or so years?

heck... all you have to do is be knowingly in a state of mortal sin, refuse to go to confession, and then present yourself for, receive, and consume the Eucharist at Mass.

that one time event is enough.

I've done this but then confessed about it, realizing how wrong it is to do. Are you saying I am still going to hell, even though I asked for forgiveness and confessed?

But you, O LORD, be not far off; O my Strength, come quickly to help me. -- Psalms 22:19
-------------------------
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -- Jeremiah 29:11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:26 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

no gaucho... not one of us can say with certainty who will be in hell, and who will enjoy the Beatific Vision... that's God's decision, and His alone.... and i would never underestimate the Mercy of our Loving God... but if you confess your mortal sins, repent of them, and do all you can do to try to not fall into sin again, then those sins are forgiven... there will be purgatory time to make atonement for the sin, but you are absolved from that sin

if you however, continue to commit the same sin over and over and over again , then obviously there is a problem there... while you might be sorry for that sin, you are not committed to trying to correct the error .... i doubt God looks with favor on an unrepentant sinner

De Maria numquam satis

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 28 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2