All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Looking for Relics...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:06 pm 
Resident Philosopher
Resident Philosopher

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 2nd Deg. KoC, SSFJDOG
Hey y'all...

I would like to obtain some relics... 2nd and 3rd degree would be fine, since 1st are pretty scarce and cannot be sold anyway...

In particular, I am looking for the Little Flower, who is a family relative, St. Gerard, St. Joseph, and St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Bonaventure, and our Lady....

I am really leery about buying online... It seems that anyone could pass this stuff off... Any suggestions?

I think actual pendants would be best and not the prayer card relics that I see... But, I am open to anything...

Thanks!

FJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:24 am 
Master
Master

Can't help, but just wanted to tell you that a friend is getting a third class relic of St Edward the Confessor for me. :P

But I really doubt you'd be able to get hold of any third class relics of Our Lady.

Novus Ordo [strike]Mundi[/strike].
New [strike]World[/strike] Order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:20 am 
Resident Philosopher
Resident Philosopher

Church Affiliations: 2nd Deg. KoC, SSFJDOG
Kenny wrote:
Can't help, but just wanted to tell you that a friend is getting a third class relic of St Edward the Confessor for me. :P

But I really doubt you'd be able to get hold of any third class relics of Our Lady.

Do I have my degrees backwards? This relic stuff is new to me... 3rd degree must be the one that is the highest?

Anyway, that is REALLY cool about your friend... I am will to purchase them, I just wanted to know if anyone knew any good Catholic suppliers of them... or if that was even licit to purchase them.. The last 2 degrees are fine... I am not lookiing for a bone or anything... Part of my resolution this year is to increase my devotion to the saints, so I am praying the rosary more, and I would like to learn more about and use relics in my devotion...

Any info on the practice, or places to get them would be helpful...

Thanks,
FJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:09 am 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
forumjunkie wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Do I have my degrees backwards? This relic stuff is new to me... 3rd degree must be the one that is the highest?

No, first is. Third class relics of Our Lady are possible in theory--for example, from being touched to her veil in Chartres or something--but I don't recall ever having seen one.

Need something to read?