Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Only 1 Catholic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:02 pm 
I married a woman who is not religious. She has issues with the whole religious concept. I on the other hand am Catholic and have recently rediscovered my faith and now I am confused. I want to learn as much as I can and worship in my faith to Jesus Christ. My wife on the other hand is not supportive. Has anyone faced a similar situation and if so, how did you deal with it. I need help. I am meeting with a Sister from the Church on Monday morning to talk as well. I would like some type of advice before I go in on Monday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:11 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
I can't give help that quickly, but you might want to find a copy of a book entitled When Only One Converts. I can assure you that you are scarcely the first in this situation.

Need something to read?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:12 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

May the floodgates open! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:49 pm 

I can only offer my prayers - I hope it will help. Also please keep in mind what the Lord said through St. Paul in 1 Cor. Love your wife and stay with her because she has been sanctified through your beleif. i.e. the home is made holy through your beleif. Maybe she will equate your faith and love for Christ to the love and faithfulness you have for her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:52 pm 
Majesty
Majesty

Moved to Cat101.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:13 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus
Quote:
My wife on the other hand is not supportive. Has anyone faced a similar situation and if so, how did you deal with it. I need help.

:D

I am your new buddy. If you ever want to talk. Here I am.

We have the exact situation.

How do I deal with it? I just do. And I do I have to say I have a VERY healthy prayer life. (and...People here have gave me great suggestions)

Live your faith. Be patient (unlike me at times). Don't compromise your faith, though.

You may think you are getting nowhere.... but, I will tell you this.... your wife is watching. Watching very closely. How you live your faith WILL make an impact. I have seen changes. Small.... but, changes.

Like I said..... if you have any questions... or want to talk.... I would enjoy discussing. You can PM me.

God Bless!

"Worship without obedience is merely hollow flattery."

"Yet, both worship and obedience are less than Christian if they do not spring from the one root- the love of God."