Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Coming Catholic Monarch
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:13 pm 
Master
Master

Religion: Catholic
I’ve just about given up reading up on any prophecy of sorts since becoming Catholic. Didn’t see a point in keeping an eye on those sorts of things since my state of Grace is all I really need to keep an eye on. That……and it’s not really a Catholic way of going about things. We aren’t really that big on putting too much into prophecies. At least not in the sense that it receives the churches approval. Or is that even necessary? Is the Church in the approving prophecies business?

What is the deal with an upcoming Catholic Monarch?

See:
http://www.todayscatholicworld.com/great-catholic-monarch.htm

Any merit to it?

Post subject: Re: Coming Catholic Monarch
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:26 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
The Church approves private apparitions as worthy of belief. The Great Catholic monarch appears, among other places, from La Salette. Jimmy Akin has a good podcast on La Salette, and I have to agree with his conclusion that it doesn't look very credible any longer. https://sqpn.com/2019/09/la-salette-apparition/

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:29 pm 
Master
Master

Private apparitions.......I was aware of that.

I don't normally link prophecies to apparitions. They can come together, but doesn't have to is my understanding.

Thanks for the Jimmy Akin source.....I will take a look.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:34 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Dominic wrote:
I don't normally link prophecies to apparitions. They can come together, but doesn't have to is my understanding.

That's correct.

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:22 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Dominic wrote:
What is the deal with an upcoming Catholic Monarch?

See:
http://www.todayscatholicworld.com/great-catholic-monarch.htm

Any merit to it?

A cursory look at the site you provided yielded this interesting "revelation":

"Antipope Angelo Roncalli (a Freemason) usurped the Papacy from Pope Gregory XVII (formerely Cardinal Siri) at the 1958 Conclave." Pope John XXIII an antipope? And a Freemason to boot? Do tell!

And here's another startling prediction: "Natural disasters, earthquakes, floods, drought, famines, epidemics." Well, time to batten down the hatches, folks. The weatherman only predicted bad weather. He could have saved himself and all of us a lot of surprise by going to this web site.

Call it a hunch, but I have a preternatural suspicion of any web site that uses a dozen or so different fonts and colors. All this comes from the fertile imagination of Yves Dupont, who claims "These conclusions have been drawn from my study of private prophecies which I began about 30 years ago."

Be careful what you use for source material. This one reeks of baloney marinated in hogwash.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:33 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Oh, yes, the old conspiracy theory that Cardinal Siri was elected Pope in 1958, 1963, and twice in 1978, but each time was somehow forced to step down. Let's forget about the fact that Siri repeatedly denied these theories cuz he was loyal to all of the alleged anti-popes from John XXIII to John Paul II and that in 1958 he was only 52 years old which would have made him the youngest Pope more than 400 years, (Leo X at 37 would have been the most recent Pope younger than Siri), his youth would have made him an extremely unlikely candidate to be elected Pope.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:17 pm 
Master
Master

Riverboat wrote:

"Antipope Angelo Roncalli (a Freemason) usurped the Papacy from Pope Gregory XVII (formerely Cardinal Siri) at the 1958 Conclave." Pope John XXIII an antipope? And a Freemason to boot? Do tell!

And here's another startling prediction: "Natural disasters, earthquakes, floods, drought, famines, epidemics." Well, time to batten down the hatches, folks. The weatherman only predicted bad weather. He could have saved himself and all of us a lot of surprise by going to this web site.

Call it a hunch, but I have a preternatural suspicion of any web site that uses a dozen or so different fonts and colors. All this comes from the fertile imagination of Yves Dupont, who claims "These conclusions have been drawn from my study of private prophecies which I began about 30 years ago."

Be careful what you use for source material. This one reeks of baloney marinated in hogwash.

It wasn't intended to be a source. I was using it as a way to clarify what I was trying to talk about.

Even if it is a poor source, I simply wanted to discuss if this has any weight to it.

I've noticed some catholics talking about a coming catholic monarch.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:17 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Dominic wrote:
It wasn't intended to be a source. I was using it as a way to clarify what I was trying to talk about.

Point well taken.

I don't know you well enough to ascertain whether the site you provided was in earnest or not. Thanks for the clarification. As for me, I've been dealing with bogus Catholic information for so long it's become a sixth sense. As such, I take all web sites seriously, and the bogus ones seem to share several traits that manifest themselves easily.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:27 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
Dominic wrote:
Riverboat wrote:

Even if it is a poor source, I simply wanted to discuss if this has any weight to it.

I've noticed some catholics talking about a coming catholic monarch.

i've got a couple of buddies that were/are heavily steeped in this timeline..one of them thinks he has the Great Monarch figured out,based on all the prophecies, and that he is alive and well and living in europe, a descendant of royalty... wish i could remember who it was :?

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:41 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

gherkin :fyi:

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:58 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

when did he move to europe? or has he always been there and he's been tricking us all this time?

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:37 pm 
Master
Master

Riverboat wrote:
Dominic wrote:

Point well taken.

I don't know you well enough to ascertain whether the site you provided was in earnest or not. Thanks for the clarification. As for me, I've been dealing with bogus Catholic information for so long it's become a sixth sense. As such, I take all web sites seriously, and the bogus ones seem to share several traits that manifest themselves easily.

That makes sense.

With this one; it's men whom I have respect for. I wouldn't post it otherwise. They tend to do their due diligence with matters of the faith, but of course that doesn't mean they can't be wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:18 am 
Master
Master

This is an excellent book on the subject (see link below). Not only does it cover apparitions, private revelation and what is credible to believe, the author discusses all the particulars around the antichrist, three days of darkness, the great monarch and etc. He goes on to make the case that we're a long way away from many of these things (although not a chastisement or some sort - minor or major is debatable) and that we just need to focus on being good Catholics. Further, that many of the things we think are true (e.g., Padre Pio prophesied three days of darkness) really aren't.

https://www.amazon.com/Trial-Tribulation-Triumph-Before-Antichrist/dp/1882972732/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1GP8P06C5CGDY&keywords=trial%2C+tribulation+and+triumph+before%2C+during+and+after+antichrist&qid=1578327073&sprefix=tribulation+and+the+an%2Caps%2C139&sr=8-1

After reading the book I do believe there will be great monarch and its not just tied to La Salette - many saints going back in Church history have predicted as much....and La Salette probably borrowed on the idea.

Jimmy Akin has not read the book - he admitted as much on a podcast I recently heard, although he did make reference to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:57 pm 
Master
Master

Thanks Peetem!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:58 pm 
Master
Master

Thanks Peetem!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:08 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Dominic wrote:
Thanks Peetem!

well darn dominic... i should have sent you in that direction back when ... that book was like the bible to my two buddies :wave

i had given up the journey/investigation long before that book came into play , so i never read it

De Maria numquam satis