Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]   
 Post subject: no once comes 2 the Fr except through Jesus-His Church
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:16 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Roman Catholic
No one comes to the Father except through Me, Jesus said

and as I see it, No one comes to Jesus except through HIS Church, the Roman Catholic Church

I know from personal experience that I was not able to follow Jesus very well until I returned to the Catholic Church years ago. I doubt I am constitutionally much different than most people.. I have a body, I have a brain, I have a soul and so does everyone so I think my experiences are absolutely valid and apropos RE salvation in general and how that is achieved (or not)

I have been through things -- since I returned -- a lot of people probably wouldn't even believe.. I don't even believe myself @ times... but anyway

yeh... If no one gets to the Father except through Jesus

it only follows that the only way to get to Jesus is via His Church

Post subject: Re: no once comes 2 the Fr except through Jesus-His Church
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:33 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: As I understand it.....in God's will. This is the best place to be.
Religion: Orthodox (In Communion With Rome)
Church Affiliations: Past Grand Knight KoC 15107
This sounds like an EENS (Extra Ecclesia Nulla Salus) conversation which has some administrative limits on it. I think there is a place for this other than Catholicism 101, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, while I'm waiting for this thread to be moved or deleted, I will say this:

Quote:
and as I see it, No one comes to Jesus except through HIS Church, the Roman Catholic Church

The Church is CATHOLIC - not Roman Catholic. Just FYI, there are 23 other different rites within the Church who are all in communion with each other and who recognize the primacy of Rome.

Then there is the Orthodox Church, which also has valid Eucharist and orders.

The Church is called "the Body of Christ." The Body of Christ is the Eucharist. Therefore, if you have a valid Eucharist, you have the Body of Christ and you have the Church.

Finally, St. Paul disagrees with you in Romans 2: 13-16 where he speaks of those who never hear of the Gospel or the Church and states that they too have the opportunity to be saved by following the Law of God placed in their hearts by the Holy Spirit.

Yes, no one gets to the Father except through Jesus, but that bridge is much wider than Western theology allows for.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]