The Catholic Message Board
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/

Should Pilate have prevented the Crucifixion
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=169440
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jack3 [ Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Should Pilate have prevented the Crucifixion

Was it right on Pilate's part to allow Jesus to be crucified? Was he culpable?

Author:  Mrs. Timmy [ Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Should Pilate have prevented the Crucifixion

20/20 human hindsight says “Of course Pilate should have listened to his wife.” But God’s ways are greater than ours, and who am I to question them?

Author:  Obi-Wan Kenobi [ Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Should Pilate have prevented the Crucifixion

Pilate knew Jesus was innocent and condemned Him to death anyway. That was wrong and he was culpable.

Author:  Jack3 [ Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Should Pilate have prevented the Crucifixion

Does Pilate's desire to save Jesus, washing hands, people's pressure, etc change things in any way?

Author:  Doom [ Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Should Pilate have prevented the Crucifixion

Mrs. Timmy wrote:
20/20 human hindsight says “Of course Pilate should have listened to his wife.” But God’s ways are greater than ours, and who am I to question them?


The Son of Man will be betrayed, but woe to him by whom he is betrayed, it would be better for such a one if he never been born. That statement refers not just to Judas, but I think, to Pilate as well, because while Pilate was not a friend of Jesus like Judas was, he still betrayed Jesus by condemning him to die even though he knew Jesus was innocent, that it is a kind of betrayal.

Author:  Doom [ Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Should Pilate have prevented the Crucifixion

Jack3 wrote:
Does Pilate's desire to save Jesus, washing hands, people's pressure, etc change things in any way?


Yes, these things increase his guilt.

Author:  Jack3 [ Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Should Pilate have prevented the Crucifixion

Can it be said that he tried and failed?

Author:  Obi-Wan Kenobi [ Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Should Pilate have prevented the Crucifixion

Or that he tried, failed, and gave in.

Author:  One of these days [ Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Should Pilate have prevented the Crucifixion

it's a moot point whether the High Priests or Pilate condemned Jesus.....it was all in God's plan..

Matthew 16:26

From that time on Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and that He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. 22Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him. “Far be it from You, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to You!” 23But Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me. For you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.”…

Author:  Pro-Zak [ Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Should Pilate have prevented the Crucifixion

One of these days wrote:
it's a moot point whether the High Priests or Pilate condemned Jesus.....it was all in God's plan..

Matthew 16:26

From that time on Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and that He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. 22Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him. “Far be it from You, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to You!” 23But Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me. For you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.”…


In one way yes, another no; "Therefor, those who handed Me over to you have the greater sin."

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/