Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 25 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: I'm addicted to Sex and the City
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:27 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic
Mrs. Timmy wrote:
You ought to put that quote under your signature, rb. It’s worth seeing every time you post. :mrgreen:

To be honest, I had another one in mind:

Hank: “Bobby, I never thought I’d need to tell you this, but I would be a bad parent if I didn’t. Soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking.”
Bobby: “Why do you have to hate what you don’t understand?”
Hank: “I don’t hate you, Bobby.”
Bobby: “I meant soccer.”
Hank: “Oh. Oh, yeah, I hate soccer. Yes.”

When I found the one you enjoyed so much, I laughed and laughed and kept on laughing until the students around began to think I was stoned (I'm subbing today).

I'm gonna do it. And I'll rotate the others I found here just for fun. Thanks for the idea. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:33 pm 
Corporate Minion Moderator
Corporate Minion Moderator

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
Just so long as you understand the difference between soccer and rugby. Soccer is a game for gentlemen played by hooligans. Rugby is a game for hooligans played by gentlemen. ::):

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:35 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
My favorite Hank Hill-ism is still

(to a 'Christian rock' musician that Bobby fancies) 'Don't you know you're not making Christianity better, you're just making rock and roll worse!'

Although another good one is 'I don't understand why anyone would use drugs when they can just mow a lawn'.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:38 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic
Doom wrote:
Although another good one is 'I don't understand why anyone would use drugs when they can just mow a lawn'.

Yep. That's my next one.

And speaking of Jesus (probably from the same episode):

(In response to a young Christian rock singer who said, "Hey man, Jesus had long hair!") "That's because I'm not his father."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:43 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Roman Catholic
Doom wrote:
My favorite Hank Hill-ism is still

(to a 'Christian rock' musician that Bobby fancies) 'Don't you know you're not making Christianity better, you're just making rock and roll worse!'

:)

a more serious version is

Why use drugs when you can pray the rosary?
be in the Real Presence?

that is why I find it very sad that Catholics do not share their faith more often.. (might be less drug [& other] addicts if they did)

. I chastise myself as well. I share it, but not as often as I could/should.. (unless Jesus wants me doing the other things I do... sigh.. I can't say I know what He wants all the time)

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 25 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2