Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 27 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Non-Standard Pronouns
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:34 pm 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild
Doom wrote:
ForeverFaithful wrote:
Has the Church released any guidelines on using non-standard pronouns?

Why would the Church do such a thing? :scratch:

"The Style Guide for St. So and So" :scratch:

I simply call people what they ask me to call them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:18 pm 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
kage_ar wrote:

In general one should call people what they want to be called, where that doesn't involve lying etc.

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:32 am 
Master
Master

Religion: la foi Catholique
Church Affiliations: K of C 4th Degree
Peregrinator wrote:
kage_ar wrote:

In general one should call people what they want to be called, where that doesn't involve lying etc.

So when does it involve lying?

Tiber swim team '13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:15 pm 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
ForeverFaithful wrote:
So when does it involve lying?

A good example would be a member of a sect who wants to be called "Catholic"

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:53 pm 
Eminent
Eminent

Religion: Католик
Non-standard pronouns are not Catholic.

Vietnamese - Mother's Heart Will Conquer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:49 pm 
Master
Master

Religion: la foi Catholique
Church Affiliations: K of C 4th Degree
lbt wrote:

Not per se.

The question is "Is one morally bound to accept legal sanction instead of using a preferred non-standard pronoun?"

Tiber swim team '13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:37 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
ForeverFaithful wrote:
lbt wrote:

Not per se.

The question is "Is one morally bound to accept legal sanction instead of using a preferred non-standard pronoun?"

I repeat: grammar is not a question of morality. I think it is completely wrong to think of this as a moral issue, it isn't, it's a social etiquette issue only.

Now granted, the reason why the activists focus on this stuff is that they are trying to detect the 'unbelievers', in 5 years, this is also why they keep changing all the terminology, all the terms will be different and you'll have to learn a new language anyway, so why bother? But constantly changing the terminology, so that the term which was considered the sensitive, respectful, politically correct way of speaking 5 years ago is considered horribly bigoted today, this is part of the game, they keep changing the terms because they want to keep everyone guessing and in a state of perpetual confusion over what the 'right' thing to say is.

Do you know what the most recent thing I heard is? Now, transgender activists are demanding that doctors, anatomists, professors of human anatomy and whatnot stop using the word 'vagina'. You know why? Because men who have undergone so-called 'sex change operations' and convinced themselves that they are actually a woman, don't have a vagina. Therefore, to say that a woman is someone with a vagina is bigoted. The term the activists suggest replace the word 'vagina in all anatomy textbooks is 'front hole'. I kid you not.

Now, do you think that people who are this far gone have any kind of a long-term future? I don't think they do. This is basically just a mass collective suicide by crazy people. So, pay them no mind.

You must understand that the to left, life is a constant battle with all the other leftists in the world to see who is the most left wing. As a leftist, every day you have to update your views, update your language, to prove that you're more 'woke' than everyone else, it's a constant battle to see who is the most 'woke', every day, you have to struggle to become even more 'woke' than the day before, and the instant you fall behind, you become the new enemy, and your fellow leftists pounce on your and eat you alive. You're never safe, you're always at risk of becoming the next target. Just look at what recently happened to Wil Wheaton, one of the world's greatest social justice warriors who recently found that he was 5 minutes behind the revolution and got eaten alive by his fellow leftists who drove him off Twitter.

All of the politically correct lingo is going to change within 5 years anyway, so the current politically correct lingo that they are all using today will be considered evidence of bigotry if you are still using it in 2025. There is always another Robespierre waiting in the wings to behead all of his fellow leftists that he thinks are insufficiently left. So don't worry about it, all the people using to politically correct pronouns today will be considerd the enemy tomorrow.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 27 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2