Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: marijuana
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:34 pm 
Master
Master

Religion: Catholic
First, I am not a MJ fan. At all.

For years I was opposed to its legalization. However, I have changed my position.

There are some people who can benefit from its use. Not those with anxiety, chronic bodily pain (with no underlying condition such as degenerative bone diseases and the like), and issues which cannot be firmly diagnosed or proven to exist. I mean those people with conditions or illness where the treatment of those things is difficult on the patient.

I’ve read the research and its a highly effective drug in cancer patents for reducing nausea (in fact, “Marinol” is an FDA approved drug presescribed to cancer patients - but its not as effective as smoking the stuff because it contains just synthetic THC and not the other symbiotic compounds that increase THC’s effectiveness. ). It is effective at stopping seizures. It may actually have anti-carcinogenic properties (although research isn’t conslusive). It’s good for those with migraines (yes, I get them and no, I wouldn’t smoke even if legal).

The problem is, as with many drugs, its been so abused and due to stigma, lost any real potential to be a credible treatment. It’s also CHEAP, and drug companies don’t want it legal (yes, I actually believe there is a conspiracy here). It would probably even help those with osteoporosis and osteoarthritis pain, but gee, we have Oxycodone for that, right?

For the first time in my life the wife and voted to make it legal in AR. While there will be, unfortunately, a great deal of abuse. We came to see that there are folks, some even on this very board, who could benefit from it. But there’s abuse of alcohol and legal drugs (many that kill), so that’s not a reason to keep MJ illegal. And so if being legal is makes it cheaper, more accessible, and easier to get without the threat of jail, then that’s a good thing for those who legitimately need it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:52 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I took another try at my cbd supplement. I felt relief....
It just makes me wonder because the medications that I take make me over eat and gain weight among other things. I am wondering if low thc marijuana would help me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:23 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

TreeBeard wrote:
I know more than a few Protestants who will accept the findings because it comes from an organization with Hebrew, Israel and Jerusalem in their name.

:laughhard

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2