Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: curiosity
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:50 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Catholic
today i ended up reading about certain occult figures and practices (because i heard that jimmy page was into that and i wanted to see if it was true) i ended up taking in some unpleasant information. is curiosity like that an impulse that should be avoided? it's kind of like this need to "know" everything, and google helps.

Post subject: Re: curiosity
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:10 am 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
For the record, I think Jimmy Page's alleged interest in the occult is exaggerated, especially when it comes to scouring Led Zeppelin album covers and lyrics for 'satanic' imagery. All of the alleged 'occult' references in Led Zeppelin are references to either ancient mythology or Tolkien. I once got into an argument with a fundamentalist about the song 'Ramble On', he refused to believe that the references to 'Mordor' and 'Gollum' were satanic references.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:23 am 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
kpl2014 wrote:
today i ended up reading about certain occult figures and practices (because i heard that jimmy page was into that and i wanted to see if it was true) i ended up taking in some unpleasant information. is curiosity like that an impulse that should be avoided? it's kind of like this need to "know" everything, and google helps.

It is very difficult to get stuff out of your mind once it finds its way in there. It is wise to learn to master curiosity when you know there is a good chance it will take you where you wish you hadn't gone.

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:43 am 
The Exterminator

Religion: Númenórean Catholic
Doom wrote:
For the record, I think Jimmy Page's alleged interest in the occult is exaggerated, especially when it comes to scouring Led Zeppelin album covers and lyrics for 'satanic' imagery. All of the alleged 'occult' references in Led Zeppelin are references to either ancient mythology or Tolkien. I once got into an argument with a fundamentalist about the song 'Ramble On', he refused to believe that the references to 'Mordor' and 'Gollum' were satanic references.

You mean were NOT Satanic references?

- Justice Scalia, dissent, King v. Burwell.