Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Vigil at 3:00 p.m.?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:07 am 
Master
Master

Religion: Catholic
Peregrinator wrote:
Doom wrote:
It is hardly a case of 'micromanagement'

A bishop telling his parish priests when to schedule the regular celebration of Mass is most certainly micromanagement.

I totally disagree. To me this is definately area a Bishop should be involved and based on evidence I’ve seen, is likely the care.

I agree with Doom here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:48 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
sure would be nice to be able to get the input of a priest here .... anyone know one? ::): :P

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:32 am 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild
Peetem wrote:
Peregrinator wrote:
Doom wrote:
It is hardly a case of 'micromanagement'

A bishop telling his parish priests when to schedule the regular celebration of Mass is most certainly micromanagement.

I totally disagree. To me this is definately area a Bishop should be involved and based on evidence I’ve seen, is likely the care.

I agree with Doom here.

I can tell you how it works at my parish. For a "one off" sort of thing, Holy Day of Obligation, special event that requires a change (for example, the 3 PM Sunday Spanish Mass was for years moved to 12 Noon on the March for Life Sunday so folks could go to Little Rock and participate), the priest is free to move around Mass times or schedules.

For a permanent change, for example, new pastor wanted to move that Spanish Mass permanently from 3 PM back up to noon, the Diocese had to be notified and they could have said "no". Years before that a new Bishop permanently cancelled our 5 PM Sunday Mass because he decided that one priest did not need to say 5 Masses in 24 hours.

The priests in town have been juggling Daily Mass schedules so that there is now a Daily Mass offered every day of the week somewhere in town.

There is a cooperative spirit between the Diocese and the parishes.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2